OS X Snow Leopard Bugs: Audio gets reset to mute on reboot.
While my upgrade to OS x 10.6 Snow Leopard has been mostly smooth, there are a few annoying bugs I’ve come across. This one has to do with audio – upon reboot, audio gets set to mute no matter what settings I had the volume on before. Not a big problem, but annoying none the less. Here’s how to fix it:
- In Finder, navigate to Macintosh HD > Library > Preferences > Audio
- Delete the following files:
- Open System Preferences > Sound
- Set your sound to your preferred settings
- Exit System Preferences and Reboot
There you go! After deleting those files, they will be re-created when you go into System Preferences and your audio will no longer be muted upon reboot.