Trillian: AIM Error Code: 10054
After a recent automatic update of Trillian, I was unable to connect to AIM. The console stated:
Error Code: 10054
After searching around and trying a bunch of things, I was unable to re-connect until I found the following in the Trillian Technical Support Forum:
- Click Trillian > Connections > Manage My Connections.
- Select your AIM account, click Change button.
- Under the Connection tab in the Server section, click Reset, then Save Settings.
- Click Trillian > Trillian Preferences > Plugins.
- Disable AIM & ICQ by unchecking it.
- Re-enable AIM & ICQ by checking it.
- Click Close.
- Click Trillian > Connections > Global Reconnect.
This worked for me and I was able to connect to AIM once again.